Wednesday 28 January 2015

ADAM TO EVE

(Verses written by Men on women they love)


DO YOU WRITE POEMS?
(By Aloke Kumar, Professor of Communication, IIM)


She asked me, ‘Do you write poems?’
Yes, and destroy them,
I am an unpublished poet.
I write for myself,
Yes, and destroy them.
I believed when I entered poetry
I was escaping from myself.
But alas! Poor me, I brought myself with me!
I like to deconstruct myself,
That is part of my living.

You invented me.
There is no such earthly being,
Such an earthly being there could never be.
A poet cannot comfort,
A shadowy apparition haunts me night and day.
We met in an unbelievable year,
Everything withered with adversity,
Without streetlights, the waves were black as pitch.
That’s when your voice called out to me!


Why it did? Still don’t understand.
And you came to me, in winter,
Creating a flock of verse.
You’ll drown in my love story
When I will write using the pen you gifted me.
I will, from now always read with a pen in my hand,
As if the I, am in a conversation with You.

You don’t love someone because they’re a dream of perfection.
You love them because of the way they meet their challenges.
How they struggle to overcome.
You love them because
Together you bring out the best.
In each other,
It will always be enough.
You don’t have to say everything to be right.
Sometimes, a fire kindled will alight an interest.
All true friendliness begins with
Fire and food and drink and recognition.

Each human soul in a sense to enact for itself.
The gigantic humility of the incarnation.
After all, I am meeting her after a hundred years.
You must descend from heaven to meet her.
There was a time before you,
But I can’t remember it now….
A time before your beauty and I were formally introduced,
I’m sure I lived without you,
But I don’t remember how…

Or can’t imagine living without these feelings.
The celebrations of secret non-meetings are empty.
Unspoken conversations, unuttered words.
Glances that don’t intersect.
Don’t know where to come to rest.
And only the words rejoice,
Because they can flow and flow.
Somehow it is here,
Love eternal.
I’m not sentimental, I’m romantic.
The idea, you know,
Is the sentimental person thinks things will last.
The romantic has a desperate confidence
That they won’t.

We learned not to meet anymore.
But we ourselves do not know,
What happened in that hour.
That’s the ideal meeting…
Once upon a time,
Only once,
Unexpectedly,
Then never again.

(Aloke is an incorrigible romantic and his romanticism 
gets reflected in the above verse) 



SUBARNAREKHAR TEEREY
(By Pallab Bhattacharya, GM-Head CC, ONGC )

Oder naam chilo Kanu..Shamu..Baha
Ba amoni kichu...
Naam aar mone nei...
Ora sonar gunri kurote jeto subarnorekhar teerey
Oi daridra khudarto mukh gulote
Sudhu chhilo jaljale duto chokh..
Saradin bali chenke jeto,
Jodi ek kana shona ashe.

Kono konodin karo mukhe
Anander teebro chitkar shona jeto...
Paichi go.. Paichi..
Na paoa eksho jora chokh
Hingsaye takiye thakto.
Tarpor abar matha nichu kore
Bali chenke jaoa…

Omon bhabei shirno Subarnorekha
Sonar kana boye aane...
Swapno aar icche gulo banchiye rakhte.
Oi kichhui na pawa shirnokaye manushgulor modhye.
Shomoy hoito bodleche...
Bodleche manush gulor naam gulo...
Dilip, Shyamal, Lakhsmi….
Othoba omoni sahure naam.

Kintu badlaini aar kichhui,
Ajo shirno dirno manush gulo
Roj kakbhore chole ashe subarnorekhar pashe...
Bali chankte chankte swapno dekhey,
Bharpet ek bela bhaat khawar swapno...

(Pallab writes this Bengali verse on tribal women who look for gold
along the banks of Subarnarekha)



Akeli Mein
(By Subham Bandopadhyay, Program Manager
with leading global IT company)


आज मैं अकेला
न है कोई आसपास,
लेता हूँ मैं साँस
पर प्यार का मुझे है आस
दफना हुआ दिल,
न प्यार के काबिल
धीमी सी आवाज़,
करती है आगाज़
प्यार ले लो अपना,
न टूटे अपना सपना
तू मुझे न छोड़,
मैं करता हूं शोर
मेरी बातों मे है जहर,
पर प्यार का लहर


(Subham writes verses as a pastime, this one in Hindi)

No comments:

Post a Comment